Volunteer Coordination center «Komanda SOS» is the joint initiative of United Nations Volunteers and Non-commercial Charitable Seimar Social Fund.
· Creation of a single coordination center for volunteers (people voluntarily willing to apply their knowledge for benefit of society) and NGOs (organizations willing to work with volunteers).
· Creation of electronic system for coordinating volunteers – on-line volunteering;
· Attracting volunteers to charitable activity, creation and support of effective group of volunteers «Komanda SOS»;
· Development of institution of volunteering in RK.
Programmes of Coordination Center «Komanda SOS» are continuation of the Fund traditional charitable activity and are aimed at realization of socially significant matters through efforts of each volunteer.
· Implementation of socially significant projects by force of volunteers;
· Enlightenment and education;
· analytical, sociological, practical and creative work;
· work in the sphere of culture and art;
· consultations, lectures, exhibitions, actions, forums and other activities;
· participation in city, national and international programmes, conferences;
· fulfillment of other types of non-commercial activities according to set objectives;
· work with state authorities, business sector, international organizations;
· work with mass media;
· voluntary work in various spheres.
Within frameworks of the Volunteer Coordination Center «Komanda SOS»:
· experienced UNV experts carry out trainings for volunteers on issues of volunteering and volunteer activity;
· special volunteer projects with mass involvement of volunteers with the purpose of involving the whole society into the process of solving socially significant problems are being implemented;
· exchange programmes with international UN Agencies are implemented – UNV facilitation in participation of Kazakh volunteers in international exchange programmes;
· implemented are projects with involvement of foreign volunteers with the purpose of international partnership on issues of volunteering etc.
Principles and assignments:
· Involvement of the whole society into solving social problems irrespective of gender, age, nationality etc.;
· Attracting of volunteers on voluntary basis upon individual will of each of them;
· Building joint connection via differences for living in healthy, reliable society uniting efforts in improving life of society;
· Adding to but not replacing responsible actions of other sectors.